Thursday, October 2, 2014

I can't believe October is already here. I LOVE fall so much. I am my happiest in the Fall in Seattle. There is nothing like a sunny but crisp cool day here. Not to mention I celebrated my birthday in September along with my sister and mom and lots of fun holidays and traditions are coming. 

Update on progress with the front yard.... we stained our fence. I got Chloe soap and water so she could help. We have been getting up early on the weekends and try to get as much work done as we can, since our weekdays seem to just fill up too quickly to get anything done. 
Devin finished his retaining wall that he built himself. The retaining wall helped us to level out a space to add grass.
 We have a plant nursery right across from our house. They were having a big sale, so we bought some plants to go along the walk way up to our door. We have no idea what we are doing, but it has been fun designing our yard and just trying our best. Next up for the yard is planting the grass and planting all of our plants. After that, we will probably try to figure out some more landscaping and planting of more plants and watching our grass grow! I have also been working on my front porch and designing that. I wish money grew on tress so I could do some really fun stuff. Slowly but surely is what I keep telling myself.
For my birthday Devin got me an iphone 6 and also this new light for our dining room! He spoiled me so bad! I saw this in Pottery Barn forever ago and wanted it so bad. I wasn't sure if I could be brave enough to put it in my dining room but I love it so much I don't even care. Luckily, I went on overstock.com and saw it for more than half of the price and so Dev secretly ordered it for me. It looks great and I can't wait for Devin to make me this table I have designed to go right under it.

 I feel like if I try my best to start our day with an activity, I feel more successful as a mom and the day always goes better. I found this great gymnastics class that we started a few weeks ago. It is so fulfilling to watch my little babe listen to her fun coach and see her do big girl things. It's also kind of neat because it is the same gym that I went to when I was a little girl. (thanks jam for snapping this pic)
 Oh gosh, these days I'm so sappy. Just so so grateful I get to be home with Chlo everyday. She is such a special girl and fall has been so good to us. There are some hard days but the really great and fulfilling days make up for anything else that seems tough. Toddlerhood is SO much different than what last year was like. Oddly though, it has been SUCH a joy to see this little miss blossom!


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your little miss blossom too. Love watching her & Khi play together -Jamie

    ReplyDelete