Thursday, July 28, 2011

The future.

The minute I graduated I feel like our world tipped upside down. This past week has been nothing short of insane. I may have had a few minor break downs along the way (and will have a few more) and am unsure as to how I have time to even type this.

I'm slowly coming to the realization that God doesn't always answer prayers the way you want them to. Sometimes you have to make a choice, and then talk to him about what you have chosen.

We still haven't finalized our decision, but we are currently leaning toward moving to a certain state and crossing our fingers I get a certain job that I have worked so hard to get.

In between all of that, we bought a car this week. We knew it was time to get something reliable, despite our love for the Geo. (Dev's not excited about it being a Saturn, but is excited about the low miles, good price, and perfect condition)

We also just sold our apartment contract and have 3 days to pack, move, and figure out where we will live (which is giving me serious anxiety). I am soo sad to be leaving our first home- where we spent our first 2 1/2 years of marriage together.

I read a friends blog post about 'blooming where you are planted'. No matter where we end up, I hope that Dev and I can keep a positive outlook and realize this is only the beginning of a great adventure...just him and I.

5 comments:

  1. This is so true!
    We're going through a similar (anxious) situation but we have decided to be optimistic. And no matter what happens, we'll be together living the same experiences and growing TOGETHER. And that's an adventure! And adventures are exciting!! So we've decided to forget about anxiety and overworrying.
    :)
    God knows what's best for us. Whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. you make graduation gowns look good. B. Be expecting something in the mail from me! I sent it yesterday so hopefully it gets there in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go becca & devin!! love all the fun memories in cambridge 221 with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry about the craziness!! Hope things slow down for you soon and I'm sure everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i hate having to make decisions. but don't worry. you will figure it out and end up where you are supposed to be :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete