Saturday, November 20, 2010

trees

 Day 5 Favorite Quote:

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"
-Anne Frank

Can you even believe a 13 year old girl wrote such a profound diary with quotes like that? One of my bucket list items is to go to her place of hiding in Amsterdam. I love reading her diary, she's so sassy but inspiring and intelligent.


Last night we went to the festival of tress... a room full of themed decorated trees donated and then others bid and buy them. The money goes to children with disabilities.
 This was Emma's favorite.

2 comments:

  1. I love Anne Frank! That was a great quote, thanks for sharing. Okay, I've always wondered what that Festival of Trees was all about here, but now I know. So neat. What a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree would be my favorite too!!! I tried to get Jim to let us have a zebra stripped xmas tree...didnt happen :/

    ReplyDelete